JEDI ACADEMY MODIFICATION
Title: Samurais And Ninjas Pack
Author : Jashugan
E-Mail : email@example.com
File Name : san.pk3
File Size: 71M
Date Released : 07-20-09
New Models: no
New Sounds: yes
Team Colours: yes
New Textures: yes
New Shaders: yes
New Icons: yes
Bot Support: yes
NPC Support: yes
Textures: Jimesu_evil, Shem, Scerendo, Tobe, Spanki, Hasplash, Jashugan
Menu configuration: Jashugan
Hi jedis !:) . Well Iâ��m back with this Â« small Â» pack, and this time, it is about Samurais And Ninjas. Call it the SAN pack ( it s just a little game of words, SAN means â��Mrâ�� or â��Missâ�� in Japanese).
First, I have to say that I am not a fan of mixing different universes, especially concerning the Star Wars one! BUT one of my academy members wanted this model reskined, because he used it since his first steps in JKA. When I saw all the possibilities it offers I said â��Waoo! I can have fun here...â��. I just wanted to make a new ninja models for him, but I could not resist making a new complete customization pack. And here I am.
I think the screenshots discribe as well as possible the Pack, but here is a complete description.
As my precedent reskins, you can find two parts in this pack:
* Customization part:
32 heads, 32 torsos, 32 lowers: 32768 possibilities.
- In the heads part, you can choose between different faces, Asian or not, with headband or not, helmets (some with horns), traditional Japanese masks or half masks (called mempo) or hats (called jingasa). The big number of possibilities here went me to make choices, so Helmets are in black and in fact, you can choose between two main faces.
- In the torsos part, you can find different types of armours and clothes which can go well with both Samurai and Ninja styles. I have taken textures from base skins, and others like the original Samurai model or Tobe s Dracula, but finally, many textures come from me. I had a big pleasure in this part, making the naked tattooed torso or the eagle armour for example.
- In the lowers part, make your choice, jedis: you can wear several types of trousers with Japanese symbols, or armoured legs in different colors. It was difficult to realise the Japanese shoes (called getas), it is a very, very precise job but I think the result is not so bad.
* Models part:
The second part is the original models I have created. I think it is the most creative part. I have spent a long time for some of them, especially the mk models.
For each, of course, there are blue and red models for team mod, but for some of them , there are not only blue and red versions, but special models with original textures. You can select them by clicking on the icons in the multiplayer menu, or writing the command â��/model modelnameâ�� in the console. Here is the complete list:
/model san--------------------- The default model is the classic Samurai in black and gold.
/model san/blue---------------- The blue samurai model. Special textures on horns and the banner.
/model san/red----------------- The red model. Special textures on horns and the banner.
/model san_ninja--------------- The classic Ninja, quiet, like a shadow in the nightâ�¦
/model san_ninja/blue---------- The blue Ninja keeps black suit, but with blue bands.
/model san_ninja/red----------- The red Ninja keeps black suit, but with red bands.
/model san_ninja/assassin-------This is a special model in black and white. I wanted a Ninja more â��funâ��.
/model san_ronin--------------- Do you know the difference between Samurais and Ronins? The word ronin literally means "wave man". It referred to a serf who had fled or deserted his master s land. It then came to be used for a samurai who had lost his master. (thank you wiki). This model is black.
/model san_ronin/blue---------- The Ronin in white and blue suit.
/model san_ronin/red----------- The Ronin in gold and red suit.
/model san_oldmaster----------- I wanted to make a classic kung-fu old master model. Maybe a tribute to David Carradine... Old Master is blind, but he sees everything! ^^
/model san_oldmaster/blue------ Old Master in blue version.
/model san_oldmaster/red------- Old Master in red version.
/model san_oldmaster/black----- Old Master in black version, maybe more kung-fu style.
/model san_death--------------- As all my precedent files, I can not resist to put in this pack a â��deathâ�� model. I think it goes well here, and there are legends in Japanese mythology about undead samurais. Thank you again to Tobe for his textures from Dracula model. It rocks! This default model wears the classic black armour.
/model san_death/blue---------- This blue model wears Jingasa (hat) with horns and blue â��deathâ�� armour from Draculaâ��s Tobe.
/model san_death/red----------- This red model wears Helmet and red â��deathâ�� armour from Draculaâ��s Tobe.
/model san_mk-------------------I am not a fan of Mortal Kombat series, and I even didnâ��t ever played this game XD. But I know the serie and I think this model is THE one can make real MK ninjas in JKA.
So here are the special Mortal Kombat models! I was a big fan of the mk ninja species (reskin of cultist) by Unsung Hero, but Iâ��ve always thought that someone could make better. No doubt now, this model is the best to do it. For each of these models, there are glowing eyes and original MK sounds!
I was was undecided to release this models separately, but finally, I think it's better like that. Maybe if many people ask it to me, I will.
This default model is â��Scorpionâ��, the famous Ninja from Mortal Kombat.
/model san_mk/blue--------------The blue model is sub-zero, the famous frozen Ninja. Iâ��ve putted a special shader effect on arms, I â��think it rocks!
/model san_mk/red---------------Donâ��t look for him in the Mortal Kombat series. He comes from my imagination; I needed a red model, so Iâ��ve made this one and called it â��Spiderâ��.
/model san_raiden---------------Raiden is another famous character from Mortal Kombat, who have electric powers. This model is the classic one, in white. Glowing eyes, and electric shader effect on wrists and hands.
/model san_raiden/blue----------This blue model, with electric shader too.
/model san_raiden/red-----------This red model come from me, with red bolts instead of blue.
/model san_yoshimitsu-----------Another video game, but this one, Iâ��ve spent a lot of time on it! I am a big fan of Tekken series, and especially Yoshimitsu. He appears too in the Soul Calibur serie. This model wears a banner.
/model san_yoshimitsu/blue------The blue model with blue-gold textures.
/model san_yoshimitsu/red------ The red model with red-gold textures.
NPC LIST: For each default models, you can find a npc, here are the commands:
/npc spawn san
/npc spawn san_ninja
/npc spawn san_ronin
/npc spawn san_oldmaster
/npc spawn san_death (king size!XD)
/npc spawn san_mk
/npc spawn san_raiden
/npc spawn san_yoshimitsu
Bot support: bots are the same than npcs.
Only small problems about shaders on the belt ties and the helmets on san/blue and /red models. I cannot fix it but it's not very important.
I had small issues on the Japlus mod: the Jingasas (hats) were transparent. I have fixed it, but I had to change all the shaders and it went me to add the net on all Jingasas, even Yoshi and Raiden. I had made the screenshots before it, so that's why you don't see the net on the screenshots.
- Sounds: Some sounds come from others skins, but some come from me, so I have tried to give my best English, I hope this will be enough. I was undecided to put Japanese voices, but maybe it's more "universal" in English.
For the Mk models, originals Mortal Kombat sounds :).
Each model have original sounds. Try it!
For French speaking people, mail me to have French voices.
- Shaders: I have tried new shaders on this file. Maybe too â��darkâ�� sometimes, but I think this is the best for it. Some textures are hyper-detailled, so Iâ��ve tried to make hyper-detailled shaders too. It took many more time than I thought to make theese shaders.
There are special effects on the san_mk or san_raiden models too, and on the golden horns or ninja s shirukens and hook (if option "detailled shaders" is activated)
- Solo mod support
- In solo mod, Hoth missions support
- JAPLUS mod compatible
- English/French/Spanish/German menu species support
- Softwares used: - Photoshop cs2
- As usual, the most difficult in this work was to make this readme file! Sorry for my bad english...
- How long did it take to make this pack? I don't know, and I prefer not knowing it!
Just extract the .pk3 into the GameData/base in your game directory, and it is selectable among the usual
Multiplayer and Singleplayer MODS.
You can active the glowing effect with san_mk and san_raiden models by writing /r_dynamicglow 1 or 0 to desactive it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have contacted, I think, each person I must credit about this file, and have permisssions in the most of the cases. But some didn't answer me, like Tobe (no available e-mail?). I regret it, and I hope there will be no problem about this it (the concerned readme file is in the zip file).
As Jimesu Evil said to me: "I think you are the only person to have actually paid attention to the readme and actually asked me for permission to release a reskin." I think it's normal and important.
So, Big thanks to:
- JIMESU_EVIL! Of course, nothing was possible without this great and multi-functions model! If you think this skin is great, you have to thank him before. I think I have explored a way, but many are always possible with it! Of course, some of the textures in my pack come from this model too. Find the original model at http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Samurai_v2;32423 . Thank you again for your permission.
- SCERENDO and SHEM. Thank you for your Asian faces, they are the best Iâ��ve found! And the st_shadowtrooper torso. And thank you again for your permission.
- TOBE, for the textures from his great Dracula model. It goes very, very well with my â��Undead Samuraiâ�� models! I've took caps on from this file too, and putted a glow effect. Find the original Dracula model at http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Dracula;81162
- SPANKI, for the main â��Occidentalâ�� face and textures for belts, boots, and arms textures. Thank you again for your permission.
- HASPLASH, about boots and arms textures.
- Raven software and all original creators of Jedi Knight Academy textures.
- Prince armory, for all their crazy job!
- DEVIANT ART, for all the pictures I took.
- WICKED, for being a Ninja!
- YUU, for all the coffees she brought to me and her â��woman eyeâ��.
Weapons credits: I want it to be clear: There are no weapons, katanas, sabers in this file! People are free to choose the weapons they wants.
I have used some files only for my screen arts. So I credit:
- HOUOU, for his â��Katana packâ��, the best katanas on JKA I think. Find it at http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Katana_Pack;63897.
I used too his FFVII weapon pack, find it at http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Before_Crisis_Final_Fantasy_VII_Weapons_Pack;68093
- TAIPAN303, for his crazy â��Tai Chinese weapons packâ��, the best Chinese weapons Iâ��ve found on JKA. Find it at http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Tai_Chinese_Weapons_Pack;73889
- INYRI FORGE, for the sword â��Paine ifâ�� in his FFX-2 pack (see it in my â��undead Samuraisâ�� screenshot). Find it at http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/FFX2_Basic_Weapons_Pack;76941
You donâ��t have to mail me or asking me permission to use textures from this skin. Just give me credits in your readme file, or credit the original author for the textures from the undead Samurais or others which donâ��t come from me.
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY MIDWAY AMUSEMENT GAMES.
MORTAL KOMBAT, THE DRAGON LOGO, MIDWAY, THE M IN A CIRCLE LOGO, ALL CHARACTERS NAMES ARE TRADEMARKS OF MIDWAY AMUSEMENT GAMES, LLC.
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY NAKAMURA MANUFACTURING COMPANY.
TEKKEN, THE TEKKEN LOGO, NAMCO, THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT, YOSHIMITSU AND ALL CHARACTERS NAMES ARE TRADEMARKS OF NAKAMURA MANUFACTURING COMPANY.
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION,
RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & Â© LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.