By Lee Oattes
JEDI KNIGHT II MODIFICATION
Title : FFAMod 1.02
Author : Lee Oattes
E-Mail : email@example.com
File Name : ffamod-1.02.zip
File Size : 7MB
Date Released : Jan-05-2003
Description : Free For All Mod
Comments : source code is available
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR
LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
To use the mod, copy the ffamod directory into your GameData directory. Connect to a server running ffamod! (There will be at least one, namely aod.not4hire.net).
If you don't already have the JediPlus hilts in your GameData/base directory, you will find it in the base directory here. Install it to have many hilt models available. Of course, the server must also have it installed for them to be accessible when playing.
So what the heck is FFAmod anyway? Well the short story is that it is mod based on Jedimod that has many of the same additional features that JediPlus has too. No, I didn�t copy JediPlus nor do I intend to track it�s development and keep up with an alternate and open source mod. However, much as with the author of JediPlus, I do intend to add good ideas and code if possible from other authors, (e.g. as I have done with the Jetpack mod). My focus is the saber only free-for-all game type. That is what I enjoy playing the most. If changes help improve gameplay in other gametypes, then great, but that is not why I created this mod.
If you would like to suggest a feature or better yet, to feed me some code that implements your idea, feel free to contact me!
FFAmod has many of the key features of Jedimod. These include:
- dual and dual bladed sabers.
- enhanced colour control over sabers
- access to additional stances and special attacks
- kick in the air and flip off walls
- make choices about nerfing lunge and back attacks (1.03 vs 1.04)
- emotes and support for multiple taunts
- saber throw blocking/knockdown
- grappling hook
FFAmod has added the following features:
- new roll animations.
- new saber sounds.
- grapple code has been changed to not overload +use key. Also, using the grapple will holster your saber (by default).
- jetpack has been added. The jetpack uses shield energy as fuel (by default). Use of the jetpack will holster your saber (by default).
- access to bindings for grapple, jetpack and saber control have been added to the user interface
- private duels have been enhanced to support three types of duel: standard, standard with throw allowed, and full force duels that include kick damage and all force powers.
- at the beginning of a duel, full health is restored, shields are set to full power and force mana is topped up to the maximum. Sabers will not auto-ignite at the start of the duel to allow you to make the appropriate flourish ;-).
- message of the day capability. The message is shown to players when they first join a game and after a new map is started. The duration of this message can be set -- default is 10 sec.
- voting can be restricted (the default) to allow only map changes and to kick players who are mis-behaving.
the range at which a duel is severed because players are too far apart can be changed
- the selection of bots that can be added to the game can be restricted to the standard game characters (this is the default)
- serial rotation through the taunts rather than random selection.
- support for independent core and glow saber colours. This also includes some new shaders for the saber trails to produce two trails, one for the core and one for the glow.
- one-click kicking
- adjusted height of yellow, orange and purple jump attacks to position the attack more appropriately based on target height.
- free for all maps won't end if a duel is in progress
- default settings support balanced play between all saber styles.
The docs are ffamod-doc/index.htm. This contains complete user and admin documentation. The documentation for coders is a work in progress and substantially incomplete at this time.
Many ideas, bug reports and lots of help testing were provided by my co-clan members. Thanks all!
A special thanks to Daelina, Inskipp and Yvonne!
This mod has drawn on the work of a number of other people. In this section, explicit credit is give to the authors of the following works:
The starting base code is taken from JediMod v1.2 source release -- credits to Dest (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Tchouky.
Jetpack code is based on the code from The Eternal (email@example.com) & RenegadeOfPhunk(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cool Saber Sounds
With the exception of the "saber hit" sounds, the saber sounds in this mod are based on the "Cool Saber Sounds Version 2" by Young Obi-Wan (email@example.com).
The sideways and backwards roll animations in this mod were found by experimenting with the saberist mod by DoF_BlackWolf (firstname.lastname@example.org) & DoF_Kelemvor (Kelemvor420@hotmail.com). They are stock animations for the base game, but the mod helped me find them ;-).
Although no part of this mod is based on Jediplus code, I must give credit to BOFH (email@example.com) for assembling the JediPlus mod. I have played it extensively and several of it's features are important enough to have re-created as part of this mod.