Mapped by Cydon Prax' (Ki_Adi_Mundi on JK2Files)
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: No
New Models: No
New Scripts: No
Bot Routing: No
Brush Count: 4025
Entity Count: ~1100
Build Time: 1 month, 12 days. (Or a total of around 60 total hours)
Well, this map is an all-out roleplay dedicated map with no FFA or general combat in mind. I built it straight out from pre-made blueprints, designed for slight Star Wars realism rather than JKA fighting. I must stress to all whom download that this is my first map. The very first room I ever made in GTKRadiant is in this map, and I learned to map while making this roleplay map. This is mostly apparant by the square rooms and the bad lighting.
I created the map over a period of 50 or so days, and that ''speed-rushing'' is also visible in the map through the blocky walls and lack of curves and sophisticated mapping. Regardless, I hope this will serve as a long-term roleplay map for many communities. As for mapping, I found it to be far too tedious and unstable, so this will be my first and last map. Not wanting to completely rob the JKA Community of any potential, I went ahead and included the .map file and give anyone permission to use its contents how they see fit. I hope you enjoy.
- A Cantina
- An upstairs casino/show floor
- A Base (With Jail, Command Room, Meeting Room, and Weapons Storage)
- A Hotel (Four Rooms)
- A House (Upstairs, Downstairs.)
- A Starport (2 Enterable Ships, droids, markets)
- An outdoor Market (Numerous items 'for sell')
- A Tram Station (Technically two)
- A Sewer System
- A underground abandoned weapons cache/hideout with easy escape
- A Small cave with a small scenic walk-through
- A crystal cave
- A large Temple
Extract the contents of the .zip (Atlantica.pk3) into your Jedi Academy/GameData/Base directory.
For the .map file, place it in your Jedi Academy/GameData/Base/Maps directory.
- At the second area with the Temple, if you look up into the sky you can visibly see parts of the other map. After a few painstakingly long attempts to remedy this, including area-portal and caulking, the other area was still visible. In a future patch I will cover it up with an in orbit star destroyer.
- While walking through some doors, other doors will momentarily disappear or the screen will flicker. This is not a bug. This is due to the usage of area portal that is keeping the frame rates above 5.
- Some models are non-solid. Hopefully this won't be too much of a problem.
- There are numerous clipping issues or visible caulking through the map. I tried to get as much as possible, but the map grew too large for me to adequately repair every problem with my level of mapping.
Szico VII � A single, solitary Texture that proved more than helpful. Awesome mapper this man is.
Yami_Ryou and NAB622 for part of their cave prefab.
Morbid Angel for his merc_dropship. This ship was mainly what taught me to map as I did in this map; let that be an insult or compliment.
Hirato for his spaceship. Looks good, and taught me how to do sounds and effects. Good work.
Anyone else: Not sure whom else to thank. I�ll go ahead and thank all of those who supplied textures unwillingly � a lot of maps named their textures as the same folder name of ravensofts default textures, so in an attempt to avoid using other peoples textures I ended up grabbing theirs by mistake. Well, figuring far too late down the road what happened, I�ll thank those like SJC, Gil_Dagor (Who helped with my map in numerous ways, thanks for the advice), and others who named put their custom textures in /yavin and /bespin.
I�d also like to thank Beta Testers Holmes, Tyrael, Martin J, Kel, Zephyr, Dragon, and Ramos for looking through and catching most of the bugs I was too stupid to find. Thanks.
Source Files are included. I, the map maker, give any person(s), communities, sites, groups, etc, full rights to use the .map file in any way, shape, or form they see fit. As long as thanks are given not to me, but those whom I had to credit so as to not disservice them. Enjoy.
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & (c) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSERS.